Author Topic: I'm doing the Diploma !  (Read 11048 times)

Offline Gerry1964

• Administrator
I've been very impressed with the courses so far with the NCRQ, I've started this week the HSD3 Diploma Unit and finding it a nice surprise as its almost construction related which is what i do every day  :)

Offline Gerry1964

• Administrator
Just a quick update, got upto chapter 8 today at work, will crack on with rest tomorrow should be finished by next week if all goes well, and i'll request my assignment then  ;D

Offline Sarahsrih

Hi there Gerry. I have to fit it in on an evening as no time in the day. Afraid you cannot get the assignment until end Nov according to support. I'm on noise at the moment. Pretty regular stuff if you've already done nebosh cert

Offline Gerry1964

• Administrator
Hi Sarah,

Welcome to the forums :)

I bought the Nebosh Certificate to do online but was a bit Pee'd off with having to pay more on top for the exams and then waiting months to get the result.

Thats when i started with the NCRQ HSD1&2 which was a fantastic experience, No extra cost and no exams!

I'm surprised about not getting the assignment not being out til end Nov, I was hoping to get my Diploma before Christmas  :(

But i'm hoping its going to be pretty well sorted when it finally comes out so that we get graded and certified without waiting months!

Either way we can start our Health and safety careers knowing that we were the first ones to do the NCRQ diploma!!

Offline Sarahsrih

I see one guy is doing assignment now so must be out. Think it's the modurating that must be end of Nov.  I'm off 3 days this week so hoping to cracking on with it a bit. So how does this job section of the site work

Offline Gerry1964

• Administrator
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I see one guy is doing assignment now so must be out. Think it's the moderating that must be end of Nov.  I'm off 3 days this week so hoping to cracking on with it a bit. So how does this job section of the site work

Hi Sarah,

I'm doing the assignment also  :)

This is the email i got when i requested it

When the assessment has been completed and submitted to us, it will be marked by our external assessors, and then subject to internal verification. You will then receive a pass / fail for the assignment, and an indication of the grade.

This process will normally take two weeks, however as the first cohort of assessments will require standardisation, this will not be until at least 5 December 2016.

Please email your allocated Tutor if you require any academic support.

Hopefully it should be ok, I have til the end of November to complete it and send it in

The Job part of the Site works by the adding of the new jobs by the "Job Bot" every now and again when certain new jobs come out it will get added to automatically to the specific location forum, so check often, You just click on the link and and you'll get taken to that Jobsite directly

Hope that helps

Offline pippin692004

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I've been very impressed with the courses so far with the NCRQ, I've started this week the HSD3 Diploma Unit and finding it a nice surprise as its almost construction related which is what i do every day  :)

I started the whole program just over a year ago and have completed HSD1 and HSD2.  I received HSD3 in the middle if September and find it a good way to study when you already have a full time job.  The material is well written (apart from a few typos) and the assignments to date have been interesting and informative.
I am part way through the assignment for HSD3 and hope to have it finished in the next few days.

Offline Gerry1964

• Administrator
Excellent, I was lucky enough to get my Diploma from NCRQ in December  :)

Found it a most enjoyable way of working

Is your assignment about the Farm ?? Apparently NCRQ says they have different ones?

Offline Anders501

I've just enrolled onto the Diploma, just waiting for my wife to bring my workbooks out when she comes to visit me here in Oman.
I'm looking forward to getting stuck in and getting my career progression going again. I've been in the QHSE field since 2010, Completed the NEBOSH Fire, Construction & Occupational certificates back then. I'm hoping the NCRQ offers a learning style that will suit me better than being stuck in a classroom learning stuff verbatim!

I'd be interested to hear of your experiences, the good, bad and ugly!

Anders