Gerry Sharpe - Senior Health and Safety Manager
Back to Main Site
- Construction & Engineering a Speciality
- Site Safety Direct was started up by myself to fill a niche in the Construction, Rail and Engineering sectors, a New company after working for Protocol Reliance Limited as Health and Safety Manager. I have considerable Health and safety experience in Construction for over 10 years as owner of Site Safety Direct, and as from April last year as Director of Site Safety Direct Limited. More commonly know as Site Safety Manager. As a Health and Safety Manager i run the Health and Safety of the company i'm contracted to, including supervising employee wellbeing and productivity. In addition, I work with colleagues in other sectors to drive forward companywide Health and Safety projects. I also strategise work systems around reducing Health and Safety risk whilst auditing arrangements for H&S management.
- Protocol Reliance Limited - 2002 - 2006
- Health and Safety Manager - My Role was to manage and develop the company`s EHS programme while ensuring all regulatory and legal obligations are met in a pro-active and sustainable manner. This encompasses advising and working with the Directors, the Site Safety Council and Departmental Mangers leading and delivering effective Health and Safety Management across the organisation. This scope covers all health and safety culture, training, contractor control, risk assessments, departmental and contractor audits, hazardous materials management, first aid, emergency planning fire prevention and environmental management. I ensured processes and procedures are in place reflecting current good practice. I managed to identify training gaps, create appropriate health and safety learning solutions and monitor the application of learning to the workplace plus assessing site
exposure to EHS risk while developing improvement programmes. Also managed all interfaces with the Health and Safety, Fire and Environmental enforcement authorities. Left in 2006 to start up my own Consultancy.
- Additional Information
- NVQ Level 6 Diploma In Construction Site Management - Level 6 Diploma in Applied Health and Safety - Black Managers CSCS Card - Black Manager Skill Card - Graduate Member of IOSH working towards Chartership - IEMA ISO 14001 - Internal EMS Auditor - Contract, Limited Company, VAT registered business.- Extensive knowledge in Construction, Engineering and Structural Steelwork - Qualified Coded Welder /Fabricator - Available for Full time position Immediately - London and South East
- Tel: 07947 945 900 - 020 7022 9845 - email@example.com